There’s no better feeling than knowing you’re going to make a family meal that EVERYONE will love and enjoy. Our boys love Pesto, so we tried out the Roasted Pepper Pesto by SACLA. Sacla have a range of various Pesto’s all of which are usually a big hit for the boys, so I wanted to try them with this version, by coming up with a simple recipe combining their other favourite food- Salmon.
Salmon Pesto Pasta
Jar of Sacla Roasted Pepper Pesto
Boneless Salmon fillets
• Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
• Place your boneless salmon fillets (we used two) onto the centre of a sheet of tin foil. Adding a small amount of butter.
• Spread a tablespoon worth of Sacla Roasted Pepper Pesto onto each fillet and season.
• Fold over the foil to seal into a ‘lose’ parcel, allowing room for steaming.
• Place into the oven for 15 minutes.
• Meanwhile put on a saucepan of boiling water, with a glug of olive oil and salt.
• Add to the water your desired amount of pasta (my boys prefer fresh pasta because they say it has more flavour to dried pasta!).
• Boil your pasta for about 6mins.
• Drain off your cooked pasta and rest aside in a serving dish.
• Remove the salmon parcel from the oven and carefully open the tin foil (warning: VERY hot steam!)
• Transfer the Pesto salmon fillets and contents of the parcel straight into the pasta- including all melted butter.
• Stir with a fork, flaking the salmon as you go.
• Finish with seasoning and a sprinkle of dill.
• Serve to the hungry brood!
Harry and Stanley usually favour the classic Basil Pesto, so I wasn’t sure how this version would go down. But they absolutely LOVED it! I served it with some cucumber on the side, however broccoli would have been even more perfect for them. The Roasted Pepper flavour compliments the salmon really well and this new little family recipe got the big thumbs up from my children. That’s another successful meal time under our belt and if it’s a winner for them, then it’s a winner for me!!
How do you use your Pesto? I’d love to hear your family recipes 😉
by Laura xx