Another year on and this October I am once again spreading awareness for the amazing work the charity Breast Cancer Care do, by wearing something PINK for every day of the month for Breast Cancer Awareness. BCC’s campaign this year is #ShareTheCare and all about ‘giving back’ so I took it upon myself to gather a bunch of fabulous women to join me in a mass group photo wearing nothing but PINK bras and jeans. Collectively we all have an amazing social reach of over 500, 000 followers on Instagram alone, so it felt right for us to give back, and help spread the importance of knowing your body and CHECKING YOUR BOOBS REGULARLY.
Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK, one person is diagnosed every 10 minutes.
1 in 8 women in the UK will develop breast cancer in their lifetime.
This Breast Cancer Awareness Month around 5,000 people will be diagnosed.
Some of the signs and symptoms of breast cancer include:
- a change in size or shape
- a lump or area that feels thicker than the rest of the breast
- a change in skin texture such as puckering or dimpling (like the skin of an orange)
- redness or rash on the skin and/or around the nipple
- your nipple has become pulled in or looks different, for example changed its position or shape
- liquid that comes from the nipple without squeezing
- pain in your breast or your armpit that’s there all or almost all of the time
- a swelling in your armpit or around your collarbone
These beautiful women took part in my campaign;
Below are the PINK items I’ve been wearing this month, with links to buy;
Oliver Bonas Corduroy dress HERE
Oliver Bonas Printed dress HERE
Miss Selfridge button through cardigan HERE
‘Be Badass’ pin badge from Mama Roo and Boy HERE
ShoeAholics Pizza Party glitter pumps HERE
Oasis oversized jumper HERE
GIRLvsCANCER charity Banana Tee HERE
H&M faux fur coat HERE
Warehouse chunky colour block scarf HERE
Emani Vegan Lipstick in colour ‘Shangri-La’ HERE
NEXT merino roll neck jumper HERE
Pickle London ‘Happy’ Tee HERE
Oliver Bonas loop knit cardigan HERE
Topshop snake print blouse HERE
——- MORE TO COME——-